While using your headphones there may be an incident when you accidentally broke your headphone and the jack got stuck inside your device. Such situations will not allow you to use your device until and unless the broken jack is removed from the device.
In such a situation, instead of rushing to the service center, here are a few methods that will help you remove the broken jack from your device easily.
How to Fix Headphone Jack if it Breaks off in Laptop?
While using your headphones in your Laptop if the headphone jack breaks and gets stuck in the laptop then here are a few methods that will help you successfully remove it such as
- Using a Ballpen tube
- Using a grip stick
- Using a toothpick
- Using heated Paperclip
How to remove a broken headphone jack from a laptop using a ballpen tube?
To remove a broken headphone jack from a laptop using a ballpen tube you will have to
- Use a ball pen ink tube of a size that will fit your broken jack
- If the size of the tip is small then use a nail to broaden the tube
- Insert the end of the tube into the socket where the jack is stuck and slightly push it inside
- Push the tube inside the socket till it grabs the jack and quickly pull the tube out
- You can also use some glue at the inside of the ball pen tip before inserting it into the socket
Once the jack gets stuck you your ball pen tip pull it out and hopefully the brown jack should also come out with the tube. If this doesn’t work then you can try using a Grip Stick.
How to remove a broken headphone jack from a laptop using a Grip Stick?
Grip Sticks are tools specially designed to remove broken jacks if they get stuck to your devices. They are more like tweezers and not everyone has a Grip Stick but if you do have one or manage to borrow one from your friends then
- Simply push the Grip Stick into the socket and use your thumb and forefinger to squeeze the stick
- Now grab the broken jack with the Grip Stick and pull it out
In case you cannot manage to get a Grab Stick then try the other method which is by using a toothpick.
How to remove a broken headphone jack from a laptop using a Toothpick?
To use a toothpick to pull out your broken jack is one of the simplest and best methods. To do so
- Just put a small amount of glue at the back of your toothpick carefully
- Now insert the toothpick into the socket until it touches the jack
- Wait for some time until the glue has hardened a bit and then pull out the jack carefully
If the toothpick trick was also not successful then you will be left with the last method which is by using a paper clip before you rush to a professional to get your broken jack removed from your laptop.
How to remove a broken headphone jack from a laptop using a Paper clip?
The last method to remove the jack is by using a Paper clip. All you have to do is
- Straighten your paper clip
- Put a small amount of glue on the edge of the tip and insert it into the jack
- Once the glue has hardened a bit carefully pull out the paperclip along with the jack
- In case you are not comfortable using glue then you can heat the tip of the clip using a candle
- Insert the paperclip into the socket
- Once it touches the jack pull it out carefully
If none of these methods work then we would suggest you visit the professional and get your broken jack fixed.
How to prevent the headphone jack from breaking inside your device?
Headphones have become one of the most common gadgets owned by all but not everyone knows how to take care of the headphones or prevent their jacks from breaking inside your devices. When you own a headphone be very careful while handling them and to ensure they don’t break here are few things that you can follow
- Buy a good quality headphone
- Avoid pulling the cable at any point
- Do not coil the cable tightly as it tends to get damaged and break
- The cord of the headphone should be long enough. Do not buy the short cords
- Avoid dangling your headphones as the cords tend to loosen up
- Do not drop water in the headphones
- Avoid using the headphones while you are sleeping
- Keep your headphones in a protective cover
- Do not buy disposable headphones as they will surely break
- Do not stretch the headphone cord as they are very delicate and can break
Taking care of your headphones can make them last really long and after all, these are electronic gadgets that cannot be handled roughly or in an inappropriate manner. There have been instances when the headphone jack has broken inside an iPad or tablet. Let us see how to fix your jack if they break and get stuck in these devices.
How to remove a broken headphone jack from an iPad or Tablet?
Using a Ballpen tube, Glue, Toothpick, paperclip, and Grip sticks are the best ways to deal with such situations. You can also use a thumbtack or a tweezer to pull out the broken jack.
Headphone jacks breaking inside your device is a common scenario that a lot of users have faced. But when the headphone jack breaks and gets stuck on our iPad or Tablet then we tend to worry a bit as anything happening to our Apple decides is the last thing anyone would want.
So the next time your Headphone jack breaks and gets stuck in your iPad or Tablet follow the methods which we have discussed earlier for effective results.
How to remove a broken headphone jack from an iPad or Tablet using a Thumbtack?
To use a thumbtack to remove the broken headphone jack from your iPad or Tablet simply insert the tip of the thumbtack inside the device socket where the jack is stuck. Now carefully start twisting the thumbtack until it gets a grip of the jack. one you feel that the thumbtack has gripped the jack slowly and carefully pull the thumbtack out.
The broken jack piece should also get pulled out with the thumbtack now. If you are not able to fix the issue then use the previous methods which we discussed earlier.
We hope you have enjoyed reading the article today and found it useful. No one likes to have a broken piece of jack stuck under their devices but at the same time, not every time you have to run to a professional to get your problem fixed. There are a few things that you can sort out yourself such as removing the broken jack from your Laptop, iPad, and Tablet.
So, the next time you face one of such incidents, don’t forget to refer to our article and follow the methods that we have given. Hopefully one of the methods should definitely help you fix the problem.
How to Fix Headphone Jack if it Breaks off in Laptop, iPad or Tablet